Horst Schaeffer's Software Pages
||Plain text viewer
ShowTx is an auto-sizing plain text viewer that allows editing and saving the text. ShowTx is ideal for use in batch processes or as "Send To" application. Unicode.
- Customizable through 3-level behaviour control: defaults in INI file, command parameters, user interface
- Auto-adjusting window size depending on line size or word wrap mode
- Alternative x/y window position and width/height through command parameters, or as last used
- Open with text from clipboard (command option)
- Menu, Statusbar can be hidden
- Secondary font for quick toggle
- Launch function allows passing the opened file to another program
The INI file is stored in the program directory. No Registry entries.
- Standard editing functions including copy, insert, drag&drop
- Search function, background color, font selection, on-top option
- Prompt (save?) on text changes: closing after changes, switching to read-only, external file changes
- Drag&drop file from Explorer into ShowTx window to open